Tribeca Walking Tour: Markets, Murder, Celebs, and Scandals
Discover the untold secrets of Tribeca
Explore the historic neighborhood that is home to some of NYC’s finest architecture and biggest celebrities. We’ll tour this intriguing district, uncovering its fascinating history, colorful characters, and hidden secrets.
Check back for future dates or contact us for a private tour
On the walking tour, get ready to see…
- Learn about the region’s history – from swampland to industrial center to NYC’s most expensive enclave
- Visit the site of one of NYC’s most shocking murders that exposed the city’s smarmy subculture
- Tour the district’s spectacular architecture – 18th-century homes to cast-iron marvels to innovative new designs
- Learn about the riot caused by… local bodysnatchers
- Visit the station on the Underground Railroad that provided shelter to Frederick Douglass
- See NYC’s most famous firehouse – home to the Ghostbusters
- Visit celebrity homes and haunts, including the “paparazzi-proof” building
- Tour NYC’s former “Butter & Egg District” and the massive market that offered bizarre delicacies.
Walking Tour: 2 hours (we will send you the meeting place after you book)
Person – Walking Tour: $40.00
(Best suited for ages 16+)
Private Tours available!
Book a private walking tour or a live online experience that makes a fun socially distanced event for your family, organization, or group of friends.
Click to learn more
Study up for our walking tour by listening to the Bowery Boys episode “Tales from Tribeca: The Hidden History of Manhattan’s Old Market Neighborhood.”