West Village Musical Tour:
A Virtual Tour of Architecture & Song
Experience an iconic neighborhood through music
Join musical historian, singer (NYCGMC), and official NYC tour guide, Kyle Supley as he takes you through the West Village locations where some of the greatest singer-songwriters of the rock and roll era lived and were inspired to create their most famous hits.
During this live online tour, he will discuss the artists’ impact on American music and show the locations of their homes and when they resided there. Some of the famous names you’ll learn about are John Lennon, Barbra Streisand, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, The Rolling Stones, Bette Midler, and many more.
This fun tour takes you through a time machine of architecture and music in New York’s historical and festive West Village. Kyle will even play and sing a selection of songs for an unforgettable live virtual experience!
The next date for this tour is January 27th at 7 pm (EST).
Get ready to discover…
- Joni Mitchell’s “Chelsea Morning” apartment!
- John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s 1846 remote village rowhouse
- Bette Midler’s quaint village apartment where she lived during her early years in NYC
- Bob Dylan’s $60 a month pad
- View Buddy Holly’s modern 50’s apartment on Fifth Avenue
- Barbara Streisand’s apartment on 9th Street when she was only 18
- Jimi Hendrix place of residence in a 1929 Emery Roth Art Deco gem
- And the hotel where a number of iconic rock n’ rollers rented rooms!
90 minutes (including Q&A at the end of the tour)
Please note: This is a live online tour. We will send you a Zoom link.
Rates: Person – $20
(Ages 16 and up)
Please contact us to set up a private tour!
Looking to study up before the tour?
Prep for our West Village Musical Tour by listening to the podcast episode about the “Greenwich Village in the 1960s” and reading the blog post “Lady to Lady Gaga: Where 20 stars got their start.”