Greenwich Village Virtual Tour
Join us, as we trace Greenwich Village’s history from the Dutch days to Gilded Age New York, to the Beats and bohemians of the 1950s and 60s, to today.
Greenwich Village’s “Hidden History” virtual walking tour overview
Greenwich Village, or “The Village” as it’s known to New Yorkers, has long been a center of bohemian culture that influenced the city and the world.
The Village has been home to artists and activists that helped create American culture, including Mark Twain, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Edward Hopper, Louisa May Alcott, Edgar Allen Poe, Bob Dylan, Eleanor Roosevelt, Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, and New York’s great urban activist Jane Jacobs. It is currently home to celebrities like Sarah Jessica Parker, Robert De Niro, and Anderson Cooper, among others.
The Village has also been the scene of events that profoundly shaped American history and politics.
Join our tour guide as we travel back in time and trace the footsteps of notable “villagers” – from Native Americans to the Beats and bohemians and today’s famous (and infamous) denizens.
On our virtual tour of the Village’s twisting streets and lovely parks, we’ll visit many of the area’s famed and notorious sites, discovering little-known facts and fascinating tales that lie around every corner.
No dates currently scheduled
Book online now!
- A visit to Greenwich Village’s oldest living inhabitant
- An insider’s look at Washington Square Park and tales of what (and who) lies beneath
- Pass by such famous artists’ and writers’ homes as Jackson Pollock, Edith Wharton, Mark Twain,
- Visit the last Victorian gaslight still standing in New York
- Wander by cafes where celebrities such as Barbra Streisand, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan got their starts.
- See extraordinary architecture by masters such as Stanford White
- Learn the history and secrets of some of the area’s most charming secluded courtyards and alleys
Person – $20.00
(Best suited for adults and most children over 8 years old.)
Please contact us to set up a private tour!
(Tour + Q&A)
Please note: This is a virtual tour. We will send you a Zoom link once you sign up.
Prep for our Greenwich Village Walking Tour by listening to the episode “Greenwich Village in the 1960s”.