“Christmas in Old New York” tour
Get into the holiday spirit with a merry virtual stroll through The Big Apple!
2021 Christmas tour dates have just been announced!
Virtual Tour via Zoom – December 14th at 7 pm ET
In-Person Walking Tours – Tickets on sale soon
Saturday, November 27th at 11 AM
Sunday, December 5th at 11 AM
Sunday, December 19th at 11 AM
More dates will be announced soon
On this merry tour, we’ll take a look at many of New York’s iconic holiday sites (with photos and videos), explore its seasonal traditions, and learn how the city created fundamental aspects of modern American Christmas. Our walking tour gets you up close to the bright lights and window displays along Fifth Avenue. While our virtual tour lets you enjoy the festive atmosphere of New York City right from your computer!
Some of the holiday sites and highlights include:
- Macy’s Herald Square: the inspiration of Miracle on 34th Street and birthplace of many holiday shopping traditions.
- Hear how NYC’s writers, artists, and immigrants created countless American holiday traditions, including Christmas trees, classic Christmas songs, and the ubiquitous jolly Santa Claus.
- Bryant Park: Learn about the park’s annual Winter Village and marvel at the glittering scene (and hear about the park’s sordid past).
- We’ll see the center of the city’s holiday celebration — Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall & the Rockettes.
- We’ll explore the roots of traditions like Sak’s Fifth Avenue’s animated windows, the dazzling Channel Gardens decorations, the towering Rock Center Christmas Tree, FAO Schwarz Toy Store.
Join us on this tour as we explore New York’s historic Christmas tales, traditions, and contemporary holiday spectacles, demonstrating why NYC is America’s quintessential holiday destination.
Led by Bowery Boys Walk guide Jeff Dobbins.
Walking Tour: 2 hours (we will send you the meeting place after you book)
Virtual Tour: 90 minutes with Q&A (we will send a Zoom link after you sign up)
Person – Walking Tour: $40.00 / Virtual Tour: $20.00
(Best suited for adults and most children over 8 years old.)
Please contact us to set up a private tour!
Virtual Private Tours available!
This live online experience makes a fun socially-distanced event for your 2020 holiday party.
Click to learn more