“Christmas in Old New York” tour
Get into the holiday spirit with a merry virtual stroll through The Big Apple!
2020 Christmas tours have ended. Thanks to everyone for joining us this year!
On this live online experience, we’ll take a look at many of New York’s iconic holiday sites (with photos and videos), explore its seasonal traditions, and learn how the city created fundamental aspects of modern American Christmas. Enjoy the festive atmosphere of New York City right from your computer!
Some of the holiday sites and highlights include:
- Macy’s Herald Square: the inspiration of Miracle on 34th Street and birthplace of many holiday shopping traditions.
- Hear how NYC’s writers, artists, and immigrants created countless American holiday traditions, including Christmas trees, classic Christmas songs, and the ubiquitous jolly Santa Claus.
- Bryant Park: Learn about the park’s annual Winter Village and marvel at the glittering scene (and hear about the park’s sordid past).
- We’ll see the center of the city’s holiday celebration — Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall & the Rockettes.
- We’ll explore the roots of traditions like Sak’s Fifth Avenue’s animated windows, the dazzling Channel Gardens decorations, the towering Rock Center Christmas Tree, FAO Schwarz Toy Store.
Join us on this virtual tour as we explore New York’s historic Christmas tales, traditions, and contemporary holiday spectacles, demonstrating why NYC is America’s quintessential holiday destination.
Led by Bowery Boys Walk guide Jeff Dobbins.
90 minutes (including Q & A)
(Virtual tour — we will send you a Zoom link)
Person – $20.00
Virtual Private Tours available!
This live online experience makes a fun socially-distanced event for your 2020 holiday party.
Click to learn more